PHP FTP: How Secure?

OtagoHarbour

I am setting up a web site and am thinking of using PHP FTP to allow users to upload multiple files. It seems like a good way to do it but I am wondering how secure it would be.One way I have read about making it more secure is to change the system's security model from "menu security" to "object security." However I have not been able to figure out how to do this on a Windows XP system or would this be done through the server? I use WAMPServer. I was also wondering if it would be possible to disable cd or only allow access to one folder/directory. If I could limit the file suffices that could be accepted, that would be great as well. Only allowing upload and no download would also be helpful.Many thanks in advance for any assistance,Peter.

The PHP FTP functions are FTP client functions, not server functions. You can set up a regular FTP server if you want, but it doesn't have anything to do with PHP. PHP is not an FTP server.

The PHP FTP functions are FTP client functions, not server functions. You can set up a regular FTP server if you want, but it doesn't have anything to do with PHP. PHP is not an FTP server.
Thank you for your reply. I will not be using FTP but InAFlash instead.Thanks,Peter.

Archived