Internet Explorer and PHP

OtagoHarbour

I have Mozilla Firefox 3.5.18 and Internet Explorer 8.0.6 installed on Windows XP .With FireFox, PHP runs over the WAMP server and the output is on the browser. With Internet Explorer a black command-like window comes up and prints out the PHP code. When it gets to $con = mysql_connect("localhost","root","");my ZoneAlarm firewall comes up and asks if I want to give CLI access to the Internet.I would be grateful if someone could tell me how I may fix this problem with Internet Explorer.Thanks very much,Peter.

That doesn't make any sense at all. It sounds as if Internet Explorer is downloading the file and that it is set to execute PHP files with PHP that's installed on your computer.Are you going to the file through localhost or are you opening it directly from Windows filesystem?

That doesn't make any sense at all. It sounds as if Internet Explorer is downloading the file and that it is set to execute PHP files with PHP that's installed on your computer.Are you going to the file through localhost or are you opening it directly from Windows filesystem?
Maybe that was the problem. I was using the following code.<form action="login.php" method="post"> User name: <input type="text" name="username" /> Password: <input type="password" name="pwd" /><br /> <input type="submit" value="Submit" /><br /></form>Perhaps IE interpreted "login.php" as the Windows file system. I changed it to "http://localhost/login.php" and now it appears to work properly.Thanks very much,Peter.

Archived