Submit Form via <a href>

chasethemetal

When clicked it sends me to my PHP page, so that works. But the data is not sent to the database. If I have a regular old submit button everything works fine. Why isnt the javascript registering as a submit with the PHP anyone know???-----<form id="myForm" action="phpurl.php" method="post"> <?php require_once('geoplugin.class.php'); $geoplugin = new geoPlugin(); //locate the IP $geoplugin->locate(); echo' <input name="ip" type="hidden" value="'.$geoplugin->ip.'" />' ?> <a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('myForm').submit();" name="submit">submit</a> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit" /> <!--IT WORKS FINE WHEN THE INPUT SUMBIT IS THERE, BUT I CANT USE THIS FOR MY PURPOSE. IT MUST BE ATTACHED TO AN A HREF TAG --></form>----------phpurl.php is this below$con = mysql_connect($hostname, $db_user, $db_password); mysql_select_db($database,$con); if (isset($_REQUEST['submit'])) { $sql="INSERT INTO social (ip)VALUES('$_POST[ip]')";if (!mysql_query($sql,$con)) { die('Error: ' . mysql_error()); } }mysql_close($con)

You're testing for $_REQUEST['submit']. When you click on the link, that variable isn't sent, so just remove that part or substitute it for something else.

Archived