Form submit in <A HREF>

chasethemetal

When clicked it sends me to my PHP page, so that works. But the data is not sent to the database. If I have a regular old submit button everything works fine. Why isnt the javascript registering as a submit with the PHP anyone know???-----<form id="myForm" action="phpurl.php" method="post"><?phprequire_once('geoplugin.class.php');$geoplugin = new geoPlugin();//locate the IP$geoplugin->locate();echo'<input name="ip" type="hidden" value="'.$geoplugin->ip.'" />'?><a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('myForm').submit();" name="submit">submit</a><input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit" /> <!--IT WORKS FINE WHEN THE INPUT SUMBIT IS THERE, BUT I CANT USE THIS FOR MY PURPOSE. IT MUST BE ATTACHED TO AN A HREF TAG --></form>----------phpurl.php is this below$con = mysql_connect($hostname, $db_user, $db_password); mysql_select_db($database,$con); if (isset($_REQUEST['submit'])) { $sql="INSERT INTO social (ip)VALUES('$_POST[ip]')";if($result = mysql_query($sql ,$con)) { echo ' ADDED> '; } else { echo "ERROR: ".mysql_error(); } } else {}

Archived