sairfan1

Common Header and Footer for all html pages.

Hi im working with html4, and xhtml, i want to add common header and footer of page, for example i want to create two html files for header and footer, and then i want to import/add it to all pages so that if i change header file, header of all pages will update. please note that my pages are static with .htm extension.thanksIrfan

Hi im working with html4, and xhtml, i want to add common header and footer of page, for example i want to create two html files for header and footer, and then i want to import/add it to all pages so that if i change header file, header of all pages will update. please note that my pages are static with .htm extension.thanksIrfan
The only method I could actually recommend would be to use PHP.If your server supports server-side includes you could use those instead. Server-side includes look like an ordinary HTML comment. I'd have to look it up to remember the syntax.

another option would be to write a javascript for each and simply add the script to the page where you wish the info to appear: e.g. for the footer/address

<script type="text/javascript">writeAddress();</script></body></html>

If you the create a standard (x)html page as a template with your doctype and header/footer info in javascripts, any change you make to a script will automatically appear in each page.

that could possibly be devastating if the user has javascript disabled. With a server side include, the content will show regardless.

Edited by thescientist