SESSION broked

aram

Hi my admin pages has been accessed by someone and i think he/she could break my session, because when a registered one accesses my admin pages and edites or adds an article or anything his/her name will write with the article but this one has no any name, is that possible? please someone help im in a big problem.

If you are doing nothing to protect against SQL Injection, this might not be a session problem. Are you running data through mysql_escape_string before adding it to the database?To find out if it's a session problem, you'll need to show us the login code AND the code that accepts data from registered users.

im useing those

$name=htmlspecialchars($name);$pass=htmlspecialchars($pass);$name=stripcslashes($name);$pass=stripcslashes($pass);$name=mysql_real_escape_string($name);$pass=mysql_real_escape_string($pass);

my login page:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="check.php"><td><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#eeeeee"><tr><td colspan="3"><strong>Login:</strong></td></tr><tr><td>Name:</td><td><input name="name" type="text" id="name"></td></tr><tr><td>password:</td><td><input name="pass" type="password" id="pass"></td></tr><tr><td>language:</td><td><select name="language"><option value="kurdish">kurdish</option><option value="arabic">arabic</option><option value="english">english</option></select></td></tr><tr><td><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Log in"></td></tr></table></td></form>

Check page:

<?phpob_start();$host="host";$username="username";$password="password";$db_name="databse";$tbl_name="login";$tbl_name1="users";mysql_connect("$host", "$username", "$password");mysql_select_db("$db_name");$name=$_POST['name'];$pass=$_POST['pass'];$language=$_POST['language'];$dateTime = new DateTime("now", new DateTimeZone('Asia/Aden'));$dateTime= $dateTime->format("Y-m-d H:i:s");$sqlu="INSERT INTO $tbl_name1 (ip, datet, page)VALUES('".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."','$dateTime','login page')";mysql_query($sqlu);$name=htmlspecialchars($name);$pass=htmlspecialchars($pass);$name=stripcslashes($name);$pass=stripcslashes($pass);$name=mysql_real_escape_string($name);$pass=mysql_real_escape_string($pass);if($language==kurdish){$sql="SELECT * FROM $tbl_name WHERE name='$name' AND pass='$pass' AND language='$language'";$result=mysql_query($sql);$count=mysql_num_rows($result);IF($count==1){	session_start();	$_SESSION['kurdish'] =$name;	header("location:kurdishadmin.php");	}	else{	header("location:login.php");	}	}		if($language==arabic){		$sql="SELECT * FROM $tbl_name WHERE name='$name' AND pass='$pass' AND language='$language'";		$result=mysql_query($sql);		$count=mysql_num_rows($result);IF($count==1){	session_start();	$_SESSION['arabic'] =$name;	header("location:arabicadmin.php");	}	else{	header("location:login.php");	}	}		if($language==english){		$sql="SELECT * FROM $tbl_name WHERE name='$name' AND pass='$pass' AND language='$language'";		$result=mysql_query($sql);		$count=mysql_num_rows($result);IF($count==1){	session_start();	$_SESSION['english'] =$name;	header("location:english.php");	}	else{	header("location:login.php");			}	}ob_end_flush();?>

Kurdishadmin top:

<?PHPsession_start();if (!(isset($_SESSION['kurdish']) && $_SESSION['kurdish'] != '')) {header ("Location:login.php");}$user=$_SESSION['kurdish'];?>

I think we'll need to see the rest of the code. Maybe you can post only the sections that are relevant to the problem.
Thats my codes: please some helpis there anything wrong with my code my friend?

Show us the registration code. I wonder if it is possible for someone to register with a username that is 0 characters long.
im adding the names by my self directly in databse because its for a company, there is no registration page

no the problem is only three persons has accsess to the admin page, its not a comunity, but he/she accesses the admin page and deletes and edites and ads things.

Thats what i think because this three persons has names in database when they add and edit anything there names will be write beside, but this persons when he/she add edit things the name field will be nothing.

is the name dynamically added by the code, or is it up to the user to fill in their name whenever they make a change? again, showing the relevant pieces of the code (i.e. the admin section for articles) is going to help us out more than a longwinded Q/A session..

no my codes dynamically add the names beside the articles.
can you just show us how? Maybe there's something on the page that isn't checking for $_SESSION status or something, and somehow people are using a bookmark for this. code is king (in case you haven't got the hint).

session_start();if (!(isset($_SESSION['kurdish']) && $_SESSION['kurdish'] != '')) {header ("Location:login.php");}$user=$_SESSION['kurdish'];?>

in the 5th line im getting the username that he/she loged in with

Other than using an undefined variable in one of your queries, I don't see any obvious problems. But you can replace this line:if (!(isset($_SESSION['kurdish']) && $_SESSION['kurdish'] != '')) {with this:if (empty($_SESSION['kurdish']))They do the same thing.

Other than using an undefined variable in one of your queries, I don't see any obvious problems. But you can replace this line:if (!(isset($_SESSION['kurdish']) && $_SESSION['kurdish'] != '')) {with this:if (empty($_SESSION['kurdish']))They do the same thing.
Where is this undefined variable? can you tell me?is it stronger? or its the same because if its the same why do i have to change it?

Any code following a header() call will still be executed. So if this was accessed through a bookmark or something and the user hasn't logged in before, the script could still make changes to the database.Try adding an exit statement right after your header:

if (!(isset($_SESSION['kurdish']) && $_SESSION['kurdish'] != '')) {   header ("Location:login.php");   exit; //This should halt the script and redirect the browser to the login page}

Any code following a header() call will still be executed. So if this was accessed through a bookmark or something and the user hasn't logged in before, the script could still make changes to the database.Try adding an exit statement right after your header:
if (!(isset($_SESSION['kurdish']) && $_SESSION['kurdish'] != '')) {   header ("Location:login.php");   exit; //This should halt the script and redirect the browser to the login page}

isnt it the same?
session_start();if (!(isset($_SESSION['kurdish']) && $_SESSION['kurdish'] != '')) {header ("Location:login.php");}$user=$_SESSION['kurdish'];?>

Archived