NEW to WEBDESIGNING

nagda.savan

Heya Every one...Em new to web designing...i have a couple of questions...Hope u al help me...1.wht is d size of defaults of browser window...without scrolling...jst wht dat displays on site opening...(i know dat differ from browser to browser...n user to user...)den to2.how to create a page dat doesn't reload a page bt opens a new page...it dat possible...(click here to enter the site...n website opens)3.create a navigation bar dat changes colour on clickin it...I'm using Dreamweaver...is der any good user friendly software plz tel. me...THANKS... :)

Actually, the browser window has hundreds of different possible sizes. A lot of people don't browse with the window maximized. You should make your sites flexible rather than fit a specific size.If you don't want the page to reload when clicking on a link then you'll have to use Javascript, though it's best to allow the page to reload when changing sections. If you don't then the URL in the navigation bar won't change, confusing the users.You can use PHP to detect what section you're on and give the current section of the navigation bar be highlighted.Dreamweaver won't do much for you if you don't know how HTML and CSS; you most likely will need to know Javascript as well; and PHP, given the features you want on your site.

Actually, the browser window has hundreds of different possible sizes. A lot of people don't browse with the window maximized. You should make your sites flexible rather than fit a specific size.If you don't want the page to reload when clicking on a link then you'll have to use Javascript, though it's best to allow the page to reload when changing sections. If you don't then the URL in the navigation bar won't change, confusing the users.You can use PHP to detect what section you're on and give the current section of the navigation bar be highlighted.Dreamweaver won't do much for you if you don't know how HTML and CSS; you most likely will need to know Javascript as well; and PHP, given the features you want on your site.
Which software do is use then...i wanted to create a site which is landscape...nhw to create a PHP file...

any text editor will do for creating webpages, for any files; that's most developer use. Notepad++, Context, etc. You just need to search around for one that will work for whatever OS you have. Syntax highlighting is the big feature you are going to want to look for to help out with the various languages you will use. if you need help with basics of how to code/create any of the popular web languages, just read the tutorials and come back with specific questions.

The other side of thescientist's recommendation (I'm sure he would agree) is NOT to rely on WYSIWYG aspects of any editor, and especially not to use tools like drag-and-drop, point-and-shoot CSS, ready-made menu builders, or ANY system that writes the code or markup FOR YOU. So Dreamweaver's okay as long as you don't use the rendering engine (which is half of what you pay for). Many, many times we encounter problems created by WYSIWYG editors where the page does not render as intended in all browsers.And just as often, we encounter scripts and CSS that the developer does not understand, even though he is technically "the author." It's not a big problem if all you want to do is update the website for your church on a monthly basis. But serious developers do not use these tools. One reason is that they are aware of all the potential traps. The other reason is that we are all control freaks in one way or another, and that is the only mentality that leads to excellent code.The editors thescientist has recommended don't WYSIWYG at all.Syntax highlighting, auto-spacing, and code completion are excellent features to look for, because they speed up production without writing your code for you. But any good developer should be able to write and debug code using a plain text editor. If the editor you use keeps you from learning this skill, it is not a good editor.

Archived