and now for CSS

RayT

I've set up a website using FrontPage 2003 and have now decided to try using CSS!!!Obviously experts would say I'm daft but surely others have come to the same situation - Is it possible to easily convert a site to using CSS? :)

Yes it is! I've done it on my old sites. Depends to what extent you want to convert your page to css. You can remove your layout tables and place divs instead. No font element should be used anywhere. I suggest you get to know all the properties of css so you know what can be converted. This is a good exercice to understand css.

It's actually fairly painless. It took me about an hour and a half to both learn the (limited)CSS I needed and to change the index page of my website over to CSS. Once I got one page done, it was mere minutes to get the others converted. It's a rather simple website, but it definately did not take long.

This is exactly what I want to do :) . I've also made a website (only one page so far) on Frontpage(XP) and now I want to convert it into CSS.I actually first started by downloading a template from oswd.org and it was in CSS.(i think). But I made some changes...and added alot of pictures....and now the site is slow. And also I want to have one sheet so that the appearance of site is the same on every page.What can I start by learning?thanx! :)