how to load file in drive D,E,etc (not in C:/xampp/htdocs)

tripto

Haii all..this my first thread in w3shoolsi have a problem with taking file like .pdf .doc etc from drive D or E etc, storage files in xampp on C:/xampp/htdocsex: if there are files in D:/study/book.pdf and E:/webserver/php.doc, i want taking this file without moving file to htdocsactually can i do this taking file? please help me..is there any other solution to a problem like this?i have trying with html by used <iframe......./> when file in htdocs it works, but when in drive D, E it failed!I want to create a mini web server but i have a small drive C, so i want every file can be accessed without moved to htdocshopefully you can help meregards

You can set up the server to create virtual directories that you can access under the web root but which actually point to other locations on the machine. You can create a virtual directory called "D" for example that you would access via http://localhost/D, but have the server actually point to the D drive for that directory. That's what a virtual directory is.

Archived