Turning off undefined variable error without disabling error reporting

sepoto

I am trying to supress the display of this:

Notice: Undefined variable: closedhh in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\dsgog\edit_profile.php on line 124 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0231 382192 {main}( ) ..\edit_profile.php:0

Without really turning off my error reporting. Is this possible to do by using code in my php file? I would rather do that than modify my php.ini.Thank you!

You can use '@' oprator to supress error.http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oper...s.execution.phpthere is also option for setting ini_set() in your script to change the setting dynamicaly in the script. You can log the errors also. without changing the php.ini

I wouldn't really advocate the use of error surpression. As a developer, you should want to know when there are errors and try and handle them. Why not test the value of the variable and handle it that way, possible by re-assigning it a value. Or better yet, just initialize it....

I wouldn't really advocate the use of error surpression. As a developer, you should want to know when there are errors and try and handle them. Why not test the value of the variable and handle it that way, possible by re-assigning it a value. Or better yet, just initialize it....
If only the original programmer of this 2000 lines of code where that wise.

Archived