Strict Validation Errors

TyMcClendon

A form cannot have text or inline elements as direct descendents. You have to enclose them in a block element like any of the ones mentioned in the validation error.

Thank you for your solution.I wrapped the contents of the form within a <fieldset>, and the errors went away. :)There is 1 error left, which I am unable to fix.It is complaining about the target="_blank" attribute.What is wrong with this?Thanks again,Ty

Thank you for your solution.I wrapped the contents of the form within a <fieldset>, and the errors went away. :)There is 1 error left, which I am unable to fix.It is complaining about the target="_blank" attribute.What is wrong with this?Thanks again,Ty
The target attribute is deprecated. According to the W3C, opening in a new window or not should be the user's choice.

If you wish to use the target attribute you should stick with a Transitional DOCTYPE. Why would you want a Strict one if your page works better with Transitional?

FWIW, the seniors on this board consistently jump all over posts that recommend the violation of standards. It really doesn't matter if the violation "works" or not. It's just the mood of the board.

Archived