international calling code

Sibkis

HelloI have been seaching the forum for the answer but can't find it.I have a form with a country dropdown and each country has it's country code attached to it.the phone section has 3 part the country code areacode and local. +xx xxxx xxxxxxhow can I get the country code to be filled depending on the country selected.can someone please point me in the right direction <label for="country">Country:</label> <select name="country" id="country" class="selectOne"> <option value="<?php print "$country"; ?>"Select a Country /> <option value="CN" countrynum="86">China (Mainland)</option> <option value="CA" countrynum="1">Canada</option> <option value="HK" countrynum="852">Hong Kong</option> <option value="IN" countrynum="91">India</option>Thanks

You will need to use javascript. you can bound a function on onchange event on that dropdown. hat function will get the input of dropdown and access the node where the phone number resides and will get its value. then you can append the first two digits of value from the dropdown, to it.

Hi BirbalSo use something like <select name="country[0]" onChange="checkCountryField(this.value)" ><option value="<?php print "$country"; ?>"Select a Country /><option value="CN" countrynum="86">China (Mainland)</option><option value="CA" countrynum="1">Canada</option><option value="HK" countrynum="852">Hong Kong</option><option value="IN" countrynum="91">India</option>I think.Iam not to good with javascript.

yes something like that. hope you have the checkcountryFiled() defined to get done the rest of the job.

umm nodo you know of a good place to find out what I need to do.but I think something like this<script type="text/javascript">function checkcountryField(){ var sel = document.getElementById("checkcountryField"); location = sel.options[sel.selectedIndex].value;}</script>then with <input id="phone" type= "text" name="int" style="width:40px;" maxlength="8" value="" onchange="checkcountryField()" /> as the destination

Try this and see if it tells you the correct code:

function checkcountryField(){  var sel = document.getElementById("checkcountryField");  var code = sel.options[sel.selectedIndex].getAttribute('countrynum');  alert(code);}

Here is a test code I have been attempting to win the battle with.

<script language="JavaScript"><!--function onChange() {var Current =document.formName3.selectName3.selectedIndex;document.formName3.currentText3.value =document.formName3.selectName3.options[Current].text;document.formName3.currentValue3.value =document.formName3.selectName3.options[Current].value;}//--></script><form name ="formName3" onSubmit="return false;"><select name = "selectName3" onChange="onChange()"><option value = "Option 0"><option value = "CN" countrynum ="86">China (Mainland)</option><option value = "CA" countrynum ="1">Canada</option><option value = "HK" countrynum ="852">Hong Kong</option>Entry 0<option value="Option 1">Entry 1</select><input name="resetName3" type="reset" value="Clear"><br><br>Current Text:<input name="currentText3" type="text" value="">Current Value:<input name="currentValue3" type="text" value=""></form>

Hi justsomeguyI could not get it to work but the code below works very well<script language="JavaScript"><!--function onChange() {var Current =document.regform.Country.selectedIndex;document.regform.Country.value =document.regform.Country.options[Current].text;document.regform.countrycode.value =document.regform.Country.options[Current].id;}//--></script><form id="form" method="post" action="" name ="regform" onSubmit="return false;" ><label for="country">Country:</label><select name = "Country" onChange="onChange()"> <option value="" /><option value = "CN" id = "86">China (Mainland)</option><option value = "CA" id ="1">Canada</option><option value = "HK" id ="852">Hong Kong</option></select><input name="resetName3" type="reset" value="Clear"><br><br>Country Code:<input name="countrycode" type="text" value=""></form>Thanks for the help

Archived