IE is doing something weird to my site...

jessmolchan

I would start by removing the malformed <a> tag from your <head>. <a> elements are not self-closing, and they can only go in the body. An open <a> element could actually cause a lot of damage, depending on how the browser interprets it.Then you might remove the many errors revealed by validating your page. A lot of them are the use of short tags (the ones that end with the / character), which are not permitted in HTML 4.More likely, it's a CSS issue, but there's no point looking at CSS while the HTML has problems.

I would start by removing the malformed <a> tag from your <head>. <a> elements are not self-closing, and they can only go in the body. An open <a> element could actually cause a lot of damage, depending on how the browser interprets it.Then you might remove the many errors revealed by validating your page. A lot of them are the use of short tags (the ones that end with the / character), which are not permitted in HTML 4.More likely, it's a CSS issue, but there's no point looking at CSS while the HTML has problems.
okay, so i got rid of the <a> tag… could you tell me if it looks better, i don't have a windows :)thank you!!

Are we talking about the same <a> tag? I mean this one, which is still there:

<!-- END h1 with airplane --><a name="top"/ ><!-- end of end of head -->

And, yes, it's messed up in IE. header-full.jpg appears twice for some reason.

Are we talking about the same <a> tag? I mean this one, which is still there:
<!-- END h1 with airplane --><a name="top"/ ><!-- end of end of head -->

And, yes, it's messed up in IE. header-full.jpg appears twice for some reason.

yes, that's the one i removed…i think my server takes a while to update sometimes, maybe it just didn't go through yet because that is def the tag i got rid of. thanks for your help. i guess i'll just wait a while and see what happens...

Archived