importing/ exporting images

erock32

Whenever I create websites I love to integrate just a tad bit of Flash animations here and there to spruce it up...nothing big.But sometimes I realize that when I try to import an image into flash, it'll skew it. Dimensions are the same, everything is aligned in the Flash file itself.When I publish my movies and align it up to the rest of my site, sometimes it'll loose fine lines and/or just distort my image only a few pixels (but what a big difference!!).To see a successful alignment I've done, click here:Level 9 Designs TemplateAny tips or advice greatly appreciated! I'm using Macromedia Flash 5 by the way.

Whenever I create websites I love to integrate just a tad bit of Flash animations here and there to spruce it up...nothing big.But sometimes I realize that when I try to import an image into flash, it'll skew it. Dimensions are the same, everything is aligned in the Flash file itself.When I publish my movies and align it up to the rest of my site, sometimes it'll loose fine lines and/or just distort my image only a few pixels (but what a big difference!!).To see a successful alignment I've done, click here:Level 9 Designs TemplateAny tips or advice greatly appreciated! I'm using Macromedia Flash 5 by the way.

REALLY sorry about bringing up old topics BUT i think i can help!! (thats the reason we are here right!!! :) )First of all i recommend you invest in a newer flash version. Maybe MX 2004??Ive never used flash 5 so this might not be correct as i have only used versions from mx - Flash 8 proDo you (CAN YOU?) trace bitmaps...if you do than maybe change the settings on that!Really hope this helps!! Ed

I tried to publish flash movie into gif image but It looked terrible , I don't think that flash 8 is good at it , maybe we need other software if I am in wrong way , could you tell me about function of Publish and Export ( what is the difference between them ? ) and how can I have a good gif image from flash movie ???thanks !!!