Insert into table error

m.huber614

I keep getting this error:Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VALUES ('1234567890000','adsf','asdf','sdaf','asdfasdf','sdfsa','safsd','sfsa','' at line 2My form is here:<form action="insert.php" method="post">Acct#: <input type="text" name="acctnum" />Rep ID: <input type="text" name="repid" />Rep Name: <input type="text" name="repname" />Previous Service: <input type="text" name="prevserv" />Offer Code: <input type="text" name="offercode" />Customer Name: <input type="text" name="custname" />Customer Address: <input type="text" name="custaddr" />Customer Phone Number: <input type="text" name="custphone" />Customer Zip Code: <input type="text" name="custzip" />Credit Card Type: <input type="text" name="credittype" />Last 4 Digits of Credit Card: <input type="text" name="creditlast4" />How was the sale received?: <input type="text" name="salercvd" />Order Date: <input type="text" name="orderdate" />Install Date: <input type="text" name="installdate" /><input type="submit" /></form>PHP snippet here:mysql_select_db("tvbscustomer", $con);$sql="INSERT INTO Sales (Acct#, Rep ID, Rep Name, Prev Serv, Offer Code, Cust Name, Cust Addr, Cust Phone, Cust Zip, Credit Type, Credit Last 4, Sale Rcv'd, Order Date, Install Date)VALUES('$_POST[acctnum]','$_POST[repid]','$_POST[repname]','$_POST[prevserv]','$_POST[offercode]','$_POST[custname]','$_POST[custaddr]','$_POST[custphone]','$_POST[custzip]','$_POST[credittype]','$_POST[creditlast4]','$_POST[salercvd]','$_POST[orderdate]','$_POST[installdate]')";Any ideas? I'm new to databasing so pardon if the code is sloppy or makes no sense.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to use characters like # and ' in field names, but if it let you create the table like that then I guess it will work. But any time you have a field name with a space in it you need to put it in `backquotes`.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to use characters like # and ' in field names, but if it let you create the table like that then I guess it will work. But any time you have a field name with a space in it you need to put it in `backquotes`.
You can't, I think they were the problem. Godaddy puts the backquotes in for you. It works beautifully now, thank you!

Archived