Installing a PHP library

skaterdav85

I'm using the SoapClient class, and when i move over my app to a test server, i get the following:Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /public/info/ami/Aeropops.php on line 20When I do a phpinfo(), under Configuration Command I see this:--enable-soap=sharedAny idea what might be wrong?

so does the enable command above just compile SOAP with PHP, but then you have to enable the extension through an ini file? I dont have much experience configuring PHP, so this is pretty new to me.I dont have access to the ini file. This is a company server so i'll have to go through some hoops to get that done. Could I just write an ini file in my directory, and that one directive will be modified?

its not. the only thing that shows up with the word soap is--enable-soap=sharedand im not quite sure what that means though. on my local dev environement, i am using XAMPP and when i do phpinf(), i see it as one of the extensions active, like libxml, simplexml, curl, etc.

When enabling any extension, you must talk to your host. There are various ways in which they might let you enable extensions yourself (and for some reason, they never list it in any help files or anything), or they might not allow it at all, and hence require you to contact them, telling them to enable it (the configure thing is just about them having the extension available to load in case someone asks for it).

Exactly. And whether you're allowed to enable it yourself, and how, depends on the way your host has set it up.

so i guess either the host will enable it in their php.ini file or the host will allow users to create custom php.ini files in their own directory and certain directives can be overridden?
...or allow you to edit .htaccess files, or tweak certain settings from a control panel, or some other sort of semi-half control of PHP.

Archived