Good and efficient way to design a website?

eduard

Now I know to design a website for myself! But I have to design a website for someone else! What is a good and efficient way to do that? (So far I created a folder stored on my desktop, 2 files (index.html and a stylesheet), chose the background of the home page and wrote the main text (name))P. s. I know the requirements!

You could use an editor (a.k.a. "IDE") to make things easier for yourself. Keep in mind that an IDE is only as efficient as your skills with it, so don't expect miracles."What editor?" you may ask. Any. Doesn't matter. Any program that was designed to let you edit HTML and CSS files will be a good choice. As you keep using one program's features, you'll realize what are you missing, and you'll move from one to another.I personally use NetBeans, but NetBeans is only a good choice for developers, not for designers. In other words, if looks (that is, the look of the web pages) matter to you more than the code itself, stay away from NetBeans.

Regardless of the editor, I would advocate the writing of clean, legible, semantic, validated code that is well formatted as a big part of designing a good website. Being able to keep your files organized and having files and classes/Id's that are well named are also important. Keeping your markup, styles, and scripts seperate are also very helpful for overall maintenance and scalability.

You could use an editor (a.k.a. "IDE") to make things easier for yourself. Keep in mind that an IDE is only as efficient as your skills with it, so don't expect miracles."What editor?" you may ask. Any. Doesn't matter. Any program that was designed to let you edit HTML and CSS files will be a good choice. As you keep using one program's features, you'll realize what are you missing, and you'll move from one to another.I personally use NetBeans, but NetBeans is only a good choice for developers, not for designers. In other words, if looks (that is, the look of the web pages) matter to you more than the code itself, stay away from NetBeans.
Many thanks!

Regardless of the editor, I would advocate the writing of clean, legible, semantic, validated code that is well formatted as a big part of designing a good website. Being able to keep your files organized and having files and classes/Id's that are well named are also important. Keeping your markup, styles, and scripts seperate are also very helpful for overall maintenance and scalability.
What do you think of an editor?

So you mean separate html, css and e.g. php files?

So you mean separate html, css and e.g. php files?
Yes... and in addition to that, he also meant what he said (it's one of those times where there's just no way to put it any other words). If you don't get it... don't bother right now. We'll tell you once you screw it up (oh, you will... believe me... no way around it... we all have).

Yes... and in addition to that, he also meant what he said (it's one of those times where there's just no way to put it any other words). If you don't get it... don't bother right now. We'll tell you once you screw it up (oh, you will... believe me... no way around it... we all have).
Thanks!

Archived