Uploading Files?

Man In Tan

ini_set('upload_max_filesize', 128*1024*1024);        ini_set('post_max_size', 128*1024*1024);        move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], $root.$_GET['file']);        print_r($_FILES);

I'm trying to upload a 4.6 MB file to my server using this code, but I keep getting errors. Can you see what I'm doing wrong? The error code I'm getting is "1", meaning that the file is too big. But I'm using ini_set() to allow files up to 128 MB, so that doesn't make sense. This is what print_r() has to say:

Array(    [userfile] => Array        (            [name] => Dragonaut OP FULL - Perfect Blue.mp3            [type] =>             [tmp_name] =>             [error] => 1            [size] => 0        ))

I'm pretty sure you have to make those ini changes in your .ini file. By the time those ini_set calls are executed, the file should already have been uploaded or rejected. What you probably need is a technique that makes the configuration before the upload process begins. Maybe I'm wrong. Been a while since I've really looked into it.

You can verify that by printing the array before using ini_set, and after. You'll notice they are the same. Using ini_set doesn't cause PHP to look at the upload again and figure out if it meets the new criteria, it has already processed the file.

Well that's a pain, but I guess it makes sense. I can't modify php.ini remotely, so I guess adding uploading capabilities to my file manager isn't an option. Thanks a bunch, to both of you! :Happy:

Archived