Centering A Pair Of Images

wolfkin

Resolved Two issues I'm having that I could use some help with http://31theseries.com/shriekfest/ I have two images and I'd like to center the two of them as a group. In this case they're the same size but I have other applications where they're going to be different sizes Also I'm a bit mixed up on how I can get my buttons in a horizontal row instead of a vertical one. I tried using display inline but when I do suddenly my width and height definitions mean nothing and the images get cut off.

To center the images, just set text-align: center to the parent element. I suggest making that parent a <div> and not <span> as you currently have it. One way to make elements be horizontal eachother is to set the float property to left. The other way is to set their display property to "inline-block".

never tried divs but I did try text-align center.. didn't try inline-block though. thanks Ingolme I'll see what happens when i get home and I'll be back if i need more help.

again thanks much Ingolme. Not even sure why i went for a span when I normally use divs but divs centered the pictures. as I wanted. oh and floating worked so that's cool.

Archived