Date Greater Then Or Equal To

Ustag

Hi, so if today is 27/10-11 and I have added the date 28/10-11, 29/10-11 and 30/10-11 in the database and decided to show the date 1 day before the date. Then it would show tomorrows date which is 28/10-11. So I make an if statement: //$row2["m"] = month number//$row2["d"] = day number//$row2["days"] = number of days before the date to show it//$row2["y"] = last 2 numbers in the year if(date('j/n-y', mktime(0, 0, 0, $row2["m"], $row2["d"]-$row2["days"], $row2["y"])) >= date('j/n-y', mktime(0, 0, 0, date('n'), date('j'), date('y'))))){echo "tomorrow";} So I say, If the date in the database is in 1 days from today I will echo "tomorrow". but the result is:28/10-1129/10-1130/10-11 so the 28/10-11 is correct but the other two dates are set to show 0 days before the date so it should not show. Does this mean that my if statement is wrong? The dates in the if statement does show correct dates so I wonder if this is not the way to do "greater then or equal to" when dealing with dates. I hope you udnerstand what I mean, Thank you.

You're using greater than or equal, so it would match everything later, not just one day. The real problem is you're trying to compare strings like "28/10-11" and "29/10-11" using alphabetic comparison. It's going to consider 30/1-1 to also be greater than 29/12-12, because it's an alpabetic comparison. You should be comparing the output of mktime, not converting that number to a text string.

Archived