Why Isn't Insert Into Working?

Krewe

Here is my code:

if(isset($_POST['submit'])){   if(isset($_POST['first_name']) && !empty($_POST['first_name']) AND isset($_POST['last_name']) && !empty($_POST['last_name']) AND isset($_POST['email']) && !empty($_POST['email']) AND isset($_POST['retype_email']) && !empty($_POST['retype_email']) AND isset($_POST['username']) && !empty($_POST['username']) AND isset($_POST['password']) && !empty($_POST['password']) AND isset($_POST['retype_password']) && !empty($_POST['retype_password'])){    $username = mysql_prep($_POST['username']);    $password = mysql_prep($_POST['password']);    $retype_password = mysql_prep($_POST['retype_password']);    $hashed_password = sha1($password);    $first_name = mysql_prep($_POST['first_name']);    $last_name = mysql_prep($_POST['last_name']);    $email = mysql_prep($_POST['email']);    $retype_email = mysql_prep($_POST['retype_email']);       if($password == $retype_password){	 if($email == $retype_email){   	  if(!eregi("^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,3})$", $email)){	   // Return Error - Invalid Email	   $msg = "The E-mail you entered is not invalid, please try again.";	  }else{	   // Return Success - Valid Email	   $hashed = md5( rand(0,1000) );	   mysql_query("INSERT INTO users (username, password, email, first_name, last_name, hashed) VALUES ('{$username}', '{$hashed_password}', '{$email}', '{$first_name}', '{$last_name}', '{$hashed}')", $connection);	   $msg = "User Added Succesfully";	  }	 	 }else{	  // Return Error - E-mails do not match	  $msg = "E-mails do not match, please try again.";	 }    }else{	 // Return Error - Passwords do not match	 $msg = "Passwords do not match, please try again.";    }   }else{    $msg = "Some fields were empty, please try again";   }   }

I have double checked it, triple checked and still cant find an error... The code is going all the way to the $msg = "User Added Successfully";So I know it is reading the else part... so why isn't it doing the mysql_query?

You don't seem to be checking for MySQL errors — check the return value of mysql_error() after doing the query.

Have you tried querying like this instead:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO users (username, password, email, first_name, last_name, hashed) VALUES ('$username', '$hashed_password', '$email', '$first_name', '$last_name', '$hashed')", $connection);

... without the braces?

... Synook thanks I feel like a complete idiot xD I miss typed a field name and never realized. Hashed was suppose to be Hash...Thanks to both of ya.

Archived