Looping Through Navigator Object

Don E

Hello everyone, I'm looking at the navigator object in the browser object model and I would like to loop through all the properties and then display the value for each property and output it in a div but I'm not able to get the value for the property to display in the browser.

<!doctype html><html><head><title>Navigator Object</title><script type="text/javascript">function getNav(){document.getElementById('button').style.display = "none";var div = document.getElementById('prop');var output = "";for(property in navigator){  str="navigator"+"."+ property;  output += "<b>" + property + "</b> = <em>" +str+ "</em><br />"; }div.innerHTML = output;}</script></head><body><button id="button" type="button" onclick="getNav();">Get Nav Info</button><div id="prop"></div></body></html>

According to this JavaScript book I have, the method above is suppose to work. The only difference with the book is the author has it run when the page loads and uses document.write to out the info, but the strange thing is... even when following the authors exact way, it still doesn't work for some reason. Book version:

<html><head><title>Navigator Object</title></head><body><big><script type="text/javascript">for(var property in navigator){str="navigator"+"."+ property;document.write(property+ "  <em>"+str+"</em><br />");}</script></big></body></html>

Thanks.

No wasn't getting any errors. Removing

str="navigator"+"."+ property;

and adding this:

output +=  "<b>" + property + "</b> = <em>" + navigator[property] + "</em><br/>";

... gets the results I was aiming for. Thanks Fox.

Archived