What Sort Of Applications Can You Make With Html5?

alienA2

Using Javascript in combination with the <canvas> element can create basically anything. You still have to put up with the fact that Javascript is an interpretted language and does not have the right performance for a decent videogame.HTML 4.01 in conjuction with Javascript and CSS could already do basically everything, HTML 5 just makes some things easier. In absence of the <canvas> element, an SVG document could act as the graphical interface for any Javascript videogame.

lol will give the canvas elements and some javascript a little play. If I come up with something interesting, il post something up here. But generally I take most web games are usually created with Flash if I am right? What is the ideal language and tool used for game development, specifically focusing on the coding side of it?

What is the ideal language and tool used for game development, specifically focusing on the coding side of it?
for desktop/console games? I think usually something like C or one of it's variants.

Archived