Json Objects In Input Values

johnnyg24

EDIT: I just need to use the eval() function. I am building a custom report where users can choose which information is displayed in a table. All of the data is in json format. I would like to be able to store the object reference in a input value. For example:

<input type="checkbox" class="ops" value="json.c[i].name">Customers Name<input type="checkbox" class="ops"  value="json.c[i].address">Customer Address<input type="checkbox" class="ops"  value="json.c[i].sales">Customer Sales <input type="button" value="Generate Report" onClick="genRep()"> function genRep(){  $(".ops:checked").each(function(){	for(i=0;i<json.c.length;i++){	  str += "<td>" + $(this).val() + "</td>"	}  }  //then i would append str to a table}

The function genRep() is just to show what I am trying to accomplish by storing 'json.c.name' in an input value, not necessarily how the table would be laid out. Storing 'json.c.name' as a value is preventing the function to work and I know my json is formatted properly. Is there are way to do something similar to what I'm trying to accomplish above?

Archived