Register now! button is a little bit annoying

davidb52

Hello w3schools,I love your site no doubt. But it's not a big problem or really a problem but it improve's the functionality of the site by 0,0001%.Check this picture: naamloos5212.jpgIf you type in your username and you press TAB normally you go to the password section (99,9% of the sites in this word).But if you do it in that screen you are selecting the link (like the left on the picture). It's not a first world problem and I'm not lazy or something but because 99.9% of the sites has it "right" it's a little bit annoying. Right in the way of pressing 1 time tab and you could type in your password. You could solve this problem easily (Picture right)

Usually nowadays, in case of not having access to a mouse, using tab is how one is able to access certain areas on a page. I'm assuming that's why invisionpower did it like that.. Other than that.. nothing wrong with hitting tab once more to get to the password field. :)

@ingolmeOke, I will. @Don EI know it's not hard to press tab twice. But I'm justing saying "Hey w3schools if you want to improve your forum by 0,00001% this is what you could do...". Look at all these big companies were I log in at least once a day: Google, Facebook, Twitter and 99,9% off all other log in systems on the internet have this "function" to only tab once to get to the password section.

regardless, and as you've acknowledged, it's not W3Schools decision on the matter. They just offer an outsourced, proprietary service. I suppose you could pressure w3schools to pressure IPB to make the change as well, but really, is it _that_ big of deal? And as you've mentioned, it's .00001% improvement. So, there's that and in the world of development, incremental changes that offer that small of an added value, usually get pushed off in favor of more desirable/necessary functionality.

Archived