Html5 static menu

advanzd

Hi guys I'm working on a horizontal one page site using jquery.I'd like to have a static menu that'll just stay in one place while the rest of the page scrolls to the side.I tried to use this http://dynamicdrive....staticmenu3.htm (it's ugly i know) but when I change the menu buttons to what i want it to be, it doesn't scroll to the side but just goes to the spot i want it to go without having the nice scroll effect. Is it possible with just html5, and how would i do this? Thanks anyway!

HTML 5 can't do it. CSS 3 can't do it. You can apply position: fixed but it won't move smoothly like you want it to. Only Javascript can do that. It's probably losing the animation when you change the elements because you changed the element the script was trying to refer to. All you need to do to fix it is to make sure the script can point to the right element. Dynamic Drive has some pretty old scripts. Don't copy and HTML from them.

Wait until you learn it. I don't know of any existing script because if it were for my site, I'd make it myself so I don't go looking for scripts on the internet.

Archived