CheckBox in DataGrid

Bhushan

Hi ,I have 2 columns in my datagrid. first one fetches column names and second one contains checkbox.I want to assign the text in first column to a variable depending on the checkbox ( when it is checked).Since checkbox doesn't contain commandName property, I cannot handle in OnItemCommand function.How can I achieve it??.Thanks,Bhushan.

In visual studio if you double click the checkbox (design mode) it will create a function for the on click/change you would do a check to see if the checkbox is checked there then assign the variabl;e value to the first column of the datagrid.

Hi,I cannot double click on the checkbox since it is the child control. it's placed on the datagrid. How can I make use of e ??Is there any other way to achieve this??.Thanks,Bhushan.

Hi,I am making use of below code to check and uncheck my check boxes in the datagrid. But I am facing a problem here. When I click on the checkbox in the datagrid header, it checks all the datagrid box ( as expected) but the corresponding value fetched by it is repeating.Ex: I was expecting Pname,Pcode,Ptime,Pyear but it's fetching Pname,Pcode,Ptime,Pyear,Pname,Pcode.Anything wrong with the below code??........function SelectAll(CheckBoxControl) {if (CheckBoxControl.checked == true) {var i;for (i=0; i < document.forms[0].elements.length; i++) {if ((document.forms[0].elements.type == 'checkbox') && (document.forms[0].elements.name.indexOf('reportGrid') > -1)) {document.forms[0].elements.checked = true;}}} else {var i;for (i=0; i < document.forms[0].elements.length; i++) {if ((document.forms[0].elements.type == 'checkbox') && (document.forms[0].elements.name.indexOf('reportGrid') > -1)) {document.forms[0].elements.checked = false;}}}}