loop within a loop problem

jimfog

I have 2 loops, one is inside the other. What i am interested achieving is to terminate the outer loop earlier-instead going x iteration it must iterate x-something. I will demonstrate the code and the image(it is from the calendar i am building)-when you get to see the image you will understand exactly what i am talking:Here is the code:

for ($i = 0; $i < (($maxday) + $startday + $sunday); $i++) {				    //   for ($i = 0,$j=10;$j<15, $i < (($maxday) + $startday + $sunday); $i++, $j++) {	 					   					    if (($i % 7) == 0)                  					    echo "<tr class='juveline'>\n";				    if($i < $sunday)					    echo "<td></td>\n";                 				    elseif(($i - $sunday + 1)==7)				    {echo '<td></td>';}				    elseif  ((date('d',$previousmonday)) == ($i - $sunday + 1))				    {					    for ($k = 1; $k < 8; $k++)					    {						 						    if(date("d")  == ($i - $sunday + $k)) {//&&(date("d") == ($i - $startday + $k))&&(date("n")==(date("n", strtotime($newdate)))))							    echo "<td class='nav-cur-highlited' align='center' valign='middle' height='20px'>" . ($i - $sunday + $k ) . "</td>\n";							    }							    else							    echo "<td class='weekgreen' align='center' valign='middle' height='20px'>" .k.($i - $sunday + $k) . "</td>\n";													   						 }					 				    }				          					 else {					    echo "<td class='calendar-day' align='center' valign='middle' height='20px'>" . ($i - $sunday + 1) . "</td>\n";				    }				   				   				    if				    (($i % 7) == 6)					    echo "</tr>\n";			    }

This is what is produce from the above code:https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=be27434b2aac8130&resid=BE27434B2AAC8130!140&parid=root I want the numbers(days) in the red circle removed(they are part of the outer loop which needs adjustment), the numbers with the blue background is the week highlighted.

At the point you want to exit from the inner and outer loop, add

break 2;

The break construct can take a number that specifies the number of loops to break from: In your case 2.

break will just end the loop, I just want to modify the exerior one a little

Well, there's not a built-in PHP statement to "modify the exterior loop a little", so maybe you just want to change the value of $i or the other variables you're using to figure out when to stop the loop. You can also use a continue statement to stop processing the current iteration and go to the next.

Finally did it, continue was the solution to the problem. :good: I was not aware about the existence of this specific statement-i went to the php manual and from there it was straightforward. Thanks

Archived