Links

Goodthing07

I used this to make my navigation bar <head> <style type="text/css"> ul {list-style-type:none;margin:0;padding:0;overflow:hidden; }li {float:left; }a:link,a:visited {display:block;width:100px;color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#A85200;text-align:center;text-decoration:none; }a:hover,a:active {background-color:AD3300; }</style> </head> <body> <ul><li><a href="#about">NFL</a></li><li><a href="#about">NBA</a></li><li><a href="#about">NHL</a></li><li><a href="#about">Other</a></li> </ul></body> and got the menu bar I wanted, however every link I now put in has got a coloured box around it. How can I stop this from happening. Pretty basic for ye I'm sure but I'm new here! Thanks for any help.

CSS

ul#menu{list-style-type:none;margin:0;padding:0;overflow:hidden;}ul#menu li{float:left;}ul#menu li a:link,a:visited{display:block;width:100px;color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#A85200 text-align:center;text-decoration:none}ul#menu li a:hover,a:active{background-color:AD3300}

One more question for anyone else looking here, how can I centre it if I wanted to? as in the float:left; to start the menu bar on the left and float:right; to have it from the right side... but theres no float:center; ? or at least not that I'm aware of?

Archived