Navigation problem

RizwanAhmedMemon

I have a problem in navigation bar I have made a horizontal navigation bar same navigation I have kept in vertical also but I want to have my vertical one a different formating. But I can't give it different formatting because in my external style sheet I have given formatting which applies on my "a href" element. Since the vertical navigation is also made using "a href" so it is also getting the same formating as I have given to my horizontal navigation bar. How can I get out of this problem and can make my vertical navigation bar different by giving it different formatting?

Hi! Nesting selectors may help u, like this example <html><head><style type="text/css">p a {color:red;}span a {color:green;}</style></head><body><p>This is a <a href="....">link</a> within a paragraph element.</p><span>This is a <a href="....">link</a> within a span element.</span></body></html> :)

please explain questions by providing code and or links to the code, but this is probably just a simple case of how well you uze your CSS selectors.

I may be wrong here, but I would suggest nesting all of your links inside a list (<ul></ul>). I would use ID selectors to define differences between the horizontal and vertical navigation, and all of the generic properties for each link can be defined using classes? ( eg .navigationLinks a {color:#ffffff;} ) I would avoid using selectors for href's and where possible use the full address to elements, eg. #navigationHorizontalBar ul li a {} Thoughts anyone?? :Pleased: James

Archived