ASP.NET - Updating Multiple Records

kevin.upshaw

Hi. Wonder if anyone can help. I have a page (which hopefully when finished) will allow a administration user to go in and update the availability of products. I have done a query first to pull the records from the SQL database, and have then used a loop to display the records in a table: @{ Layout="~/Shared/accountArea.cshtml"; Page.Title="Update Product Availability | Sarnies For All"; if (WebSecurity.IsAuthenticated == false) { Response.Redirect("~/"); } var db = Database.Open("sarniesForAllCurrent"); var extractBread = "SELECT * FROM bread ORDER BY breadId"; if (IsPost) { var sql = "UPDATE [bread] SET available = @0 WHERE @1 = @2"; foreach(var row in db.Query(extractBread)) { } }} <h1>Update Products</h1><p>Here are all the details which we hold on our system about you. Should any of these details change please update them as necessary and click on the Update button below.</p><form method="post" action=""> <table> <tr> <th>ID</th> <th>Description</th> <th>Available</th> <th>Price</th> </tr> @foreach(var row in db.Query(extractBread)) { <tr> <td>@row.breadId</td> <td>@row.breadDescription</td> <td><input type="text" name="@row.breadId" id="@row.breadId" value="@row.available" /></td> <td align="right">£@row.price</td> </tr> } </table> <input type="submit" value="Update" /></form> I am now at a loss at how to then input any changed values back into the SQL database. I have already used the SQL update record for my "Update Profile" page as that is for one record in my user table - but am unsure of the process/code to use to update multiple records at once using the above loop method. Thanks. Kevin

You'll need to use another loop in the form processing page. First you'll need to get all breadId values from the database and loop through those. For each one, since the input uses breadId as the name, inside the loop you'll need to get the form element with the current breadId and update the value for that row. You'll be updating the rows one at a time inside the loop where you check each breadId.