Menu(php)

jemz

can you explain more what you are trying to do?

You mean something like this: Ex:

$menu = array("Home" => "index.php", "Services" => "services.php",  "About" => "about.php",  "Contact" => "contact.php");

That's an associative array. To get index.php: $menu['Home'];

Edited by Don E

You mean something like this: Ex:
$menu = array("Home" => "index.php", "Services" => "services.php",  "About" => "about.php",  "Contact" => "contact.php");

That's an associative array. To get index.php: $menu['Home'];

Hi,Thank you for this,yes this is it what i am looking for so how can i access the about.php using this array,is this an efficient way to use?
  • Like 1

You don't need to worry about efficiency with this kind of thingUse a foreach() loop to access all the elements:

foreach($menu as $name => $url) {    echo "Link name: {$name}<br>Link url: {$url}";}

You don't need to worry about efficiency with this kind of thingUse a foreach() loop to access all the elements:
foreach($menu as $name => $url) {	echo "Link name: {$name}<br>Link url: {$url}";}

Okay,thank you for the reply,so how can i get to other page in this array?for example in about.php ,can i use isset()?

You mean to show a link? Just print the link:

echo '<a href="URL">Link name</a>';

If I went any further here I'd be doing it for you and you wouldn't learn anything. I suggest looking through the PHP tutorials and the manual because this is really simple.

• Like 1

If I went any further here I'd be doing it for you and you wouldn't learn anything. I suggest looking through the PHP tutorials and the manual because this is really simple.

Hi,Thank you don't worry i am not kind of man asking help without coding,actually i made the code now.and also i am reading other tutorial.thank you again and i will write again to you if i have doubt.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am back about the menu in associative array. Okay how can i do this to show something like this in the URL example. index.php?fpage=home how can i do that. Thank you in advance.

It's all part of the URL string, just add that to the URL that's already in your array.

array(  'Home'    => 'index.php?fpage=home',  'Contact' => 'index.php?fpage=contact')