RegExp: punctuation

tinfanide

"[{"Title": "Book4","Barcode": "bk4","Location": "Lib4"},{"Title": "Book4","Barcode": "bk4","Location": "Lib1"}]"
I want to extract
{"Title": "Book4","Barcode": "bk4","Location": "Lib4"}
Have tried:
str.match(/[\W]*Lib4[\W]*/);

but return nothing. How can I take it out with JavaScript Regular Expression?

is there a reason you can't convert the string into JSON and then access it as an array? some browsers support it natively, if not Douglas Crockford has a library.https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-js

var string  = "[{"Title": "Book4","Barcode": "bk4","Location": "Lib4"},{"Title": "Book4","Barcode": "bk4","Location": "Lib1"}]";var json = JSON.parse(string);console.log(json[0]);

Otherwise, the pattern would be to match a "{" character, then any number of characters that are not "}", then "}".
Ya just inspired me. Yes, ya're very right.
// IE7+ returns:// FF9 returns:found = jsonData.match(/{[^{]*Lib4[^}]*}/i);

is there a reason you can't convert the string into JSON and then access it as an array? some browsers support it natively, if not Douglas Crockford has a library.https://github.com/d...ockford/JSON-js
var string  = "[{"Title": "Book4","Barcode": "bk4","Location": "Lib4"},{"Title": "Book4","Barcode": "bk4","Location": "Lib1"}]";var json = JSON.parse(string);console.log(json[0]);

Yes, thanks for your codes.I was doing JSON.parse but after success, I just thought that whether it would be faster if the json data is parsed into a string.As I need to loop through the json array (stored in a .JSON file) for searching purposes through AJAX, that's why I want to test if a JSON string is faster than looping through an array.