Image delays in CSS menu

SmokingMan

I have a CSS menu that uses background images instead of just colors. In FF it works just fine, but in IE there is a hesitation once the mouse rolls over the link. And when you are navigating the sub menus, the parent menu image changes every time you roll over a sub menu link. Is there a way around this problem in IE? Here's a link to the site so you can see what I mean.

I tried it in IE and it worked just fine, you could maybe try pre-loading the images with javascript if they are taking a while to load :)

I have a CSS menu that uses background images instead of just colors.  In FF it works just fine, but in IE there is a hesitation once the mouse rolls over the link.  And when you are navigating the sub menus, the parent menu image changes every time you roll over a sub menu link.  Is there a way around this problem in IE?  Here's a link to the site so you can see what I mean.

There is STILL 2 head sections in Your page! Days are gone, and otherone is still there.If You wonder why it wont work as it should work You should first fix that thing, in my opinnion... :) If You include with PHP, don't include that other head part (or other harmful things), only part of text or code needed.1st. advice: if there is something seeing "wrong way" anytime with some browser check Your code is in good condition, now it is not.

I know what you mean I have a similar problem with one of my sites. I could not find a solution and was told it was just an IE problem. I switched it to JavaScript to make it work.

I thought I'd removed the DTD & <head> section from the included document, but I guess I forgot to upload it :) But, it's gone now, and...well...the same problems still exist in IE. There's a slight delay for the image change when hovering over the top level links, and they will also change when hovering over any sub menu link. They should only change when they're hovered over, not when you hover over the sub menus. That's how it works in FF anyway.I guess a JS menu may be the only solution here. I've reached my wits end with this. :)

Are you using the current beta IE 7? Because I have IE 6 and the menu rollovers do not work correctly. I suppose you need to look at it in FF to see what I mean. I only use IE for testing, I always use FF, and if everyone else did, there would be no problem. But, alas...not everyone has seen the light yet :)

I'm not sure if the faster connection matters much. I have 768KB DSL and don't have any problems in downloading files. But it's not just the hesitation, but the image swapping while you're hovering over the sub menus. It shouldn't do that.Like I said, I've about reached the end of my patience with this, and am seriously considering using a JS menu, and not pure CSS since IE seems to have a problem with that.On a side note here, but still related, why is it so hard for MS to develop a standards compliant browser, not one that you have to work around just to make things work? It's maddening :)

I suppose you need to look at it in FF to see what I mean.

Your right i hold my hands up :ph34r: After compairing with Firefox i did notice that when viewed through IE the menu didn't react instantly, there is a minor delay.feel free to slap me :)It's not the end of the world though, i don't think anyone would notice really...

It's not the end of the world though, i don't think anyone would notice really...

You may be right. My wife seems to think it's okay, but I know how it works in FF & Opera, and it's not exactly right. And it's driving me NUTS!! :) I'll soon need a rubber room if I keep fighting with this for much longer.

for once, listen to the wife  :) and be happy that it works at all in IE, your trying to perfect the imperfect!

Watch it!!! I would hate to set a precedent here and have to admit I was actually listening to her. That could only lead to trouble :)