Using an XML feed from a site

si5584

Hi Guys, I'm a complete newbie here and have little to no experience with css, xml, javascript etc. however am now starting to teach myself. For this w3school seems to be a great place. I have a site currently that i am building however am looking for some help. I am interested in taking an XML feed from another site (betting odds) and several other different sites and feeding them onto my site. Basically to try and create an odds comparison area. I know this is me going in at the deep end but i sometimes find this is the easiest way to learn, if anyone is willing to help and guide me. Thanks, Simon.

Guest So Called
I have a site currently that i am building however am looking for some help. I am interested in taking an XML feed from another site (betting odds) and several other different sites and feeding them onto my site. Basically to try and create an odds comparison area. I know this is me going in at the deep end but i sometimes find this is the easiest way to learn, if anyone is willing to help and guide me.
I think you're going to find yourself going off the deep end when it comes to copyright law too. I doubt very much those sites are going to want you taking their content and posting it on your own site. First step: Visit the sites you are referring to and look for copyright notices. Even if you don't find them you may not be in the clear, but you are definitely asking for trouble if you find any copyright notices. At the very least they will block your access. Worst case is that they could take legal action.

Hi So Called, Thanks for the concern but the feed is being provided from the sites for use. It's good for them in the end. Justsomeguy, Thanks, i'll maybe need to start on php then, something else to learn. Cheers, Si

I think you're going to find yourself going off the deep end when it comes to copyright law too. I doubt very much those sites are going to want you taking their content and posting it on your own site.
If they're providing a RSS or XML feed, they probably allow you to do whatever you want with attribution (which is probably included in the feed).