Image generators

who_R_u

I want my site to have a image generator where I can type in what I want then click submit and it will it will bring me to another page with what I typed on the image. Can someone tell me how todo that? I have checked the website and cant find what I want.

This all depends. What are you trying to do? Do you want it to simply put the text you typed over a certain background or are you thinking of something like Captcha?

You are going to want to use this as a reference:http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.phpThe functions you are going to use will either be imagecreatetruecolor (if you are creating a new image) or imagecreatefromjpeg (or another one) if you want to start with an image, and put text over it. Then eventually you use imagestring to actually write the text. See the page on imagecreatetruecolor or imagestring for some examples and links to other functions. imagecreatetruecolor has this example:

<?php$im = @imagecreatetruecolor(50, 100)     or die("Cannot Initialize new GD image stream");$text_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 233, 14, 91);imagestring($im, 1, 5, 5,  "A Simple Text String", $text_color);header ("Content-type: image/png");imagepng($im);imagedestroy($im);?>

hey justsomeguy, thanks for putting that script on here! I adapted it to make an image of the output of a counter script:

<?php$text=include("hits.php");$im = @imagecreatetruecolor(10*strlen($text)+10,25);    /*or die("Cannot Initialize new GD image stream");*/$text_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 233, 14, 91);imagestring($im, 5, 5, 5,  $text, $text_color);header ("Content-type: image/png");imagepng($im);imagedestroy($im);?>