file_get_contents

westman

as some of you may know php has got a smail bug with $file_in_put = file_get_contents('../theflie.php'); when i 1st used it i had no prob. am trying to get 1 file (html) content in to a verible (the file can be .php or .html any that works)what is the next best way to do this? ps. yes i looked at...http://php.net/manual/en/function.file-get-contents.phpbut still no help

which bug are you refering to? what is happening when you run that code?

i just tryed...$handle = fopen("../email/theemail.php", "rb");$email_in_put = stream_get_contents($handle);fclose($handle); but it did not work, i am runing php 5.2 am trying to get html code from 1 file in my directy in to a verible.any help?

Can you explain what bug file_get_contents() has? I'm not aware of any. You're saying it doesn't work. What happens when you try the code? Are you getting an error message? Here's an example using fread():

$handle = fopen('../email/theemail.php', "rb");$email_in_put = fread($handle, filesize('../email/theemail.php') );fclose($handle);

Turn error display on, i.e. add

ini_set('display_errors', 'On');error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);

At the top of your PHP file. Chances are that there'll be some sort of message telling you why it doesn't work.