automatically add sites to IIS

dcole.ath.cx

I use php so I put it here (php will need to activate a appilation or something)How can I have subdomains automatically added to IIS??or how is there a way with Fedora Core 5??I need a way so people can get a subdomain off my URL without me doing it by hand

that PHP function doesn't work...as for FC5 or IIS I was looking for a program that could create the website for people... like a bat file or C++ or something... how do real hosting companies do it??

Well I'm sure the function does work, I highly doubt that the PHP group would include a function that just doesn't work. It might not work in your situation, or it might not do what you are trying to do, but I'm sure it works.All of the servers I've managed online have been Linux servers, and I've used cPanel to administer them. I haven't looked into the code for cPanel and I'm not sure specifically how they do it, but I'm sure they use perl scripts to interface with the OS to create another user account and set up a home directory for them. I'm not sure how they do it on Windows, anything that can access the Windows API I'm sure can do it, like .NET or C++.You might also try asking in the cPanel forums, but you have to register to even look at the posts.http://forums.cpanel.net/