Difficulty with unusual Namespaces

jbru

Hi, So I'm hoping to get some pointers on identifying namespaces and data contained within them. I have the task of transforming some (to my mind at least) unusual xml and I've not been able to successfully navigate it. Here's an example of the xml:

<Report><ReportHost name="SampleHostName"><HostProperties><tag name="End_Time">Fri Jul 30 16:14:56 2010</tag><tag name="mac-address">00:00:00:00:00:01</tag><tag name="os_name">Microsoft Windows</tag><tag name="hostname">TestHostname</tag><tag name="Start_Time">Fri Jul 30 16:13:51 2010</tag></HostProperties>...</ReportHost>...</Report>

And here is relevant portion of the XSLT that I'm trying to use to assign "TestHostname" to an XSLT variable:

<xsl:for-each select="Report/ReportHost">	  <xsl:variable name="hostname" select="HostProperties/tag"/>

Running this, the variable "hostname" is assigned all the information (Fri Jul 30 16:14:56 2010 00:00:00:00:00:01 Microsoft Windows TestHostname Fri Jul 30 16:13:51 2010). If I run it with the select expression "HostProperties/hostname" it returns nothing. How can I assign the xslt variable "hostname" the relevant data that is held in

<tag name="hostname">TestHostname</tag>

? Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any information quite like this in any of the documentation or trainings I've seen.