Alignment Differences

The Praetorian

Okay, can someone please help me? I'm still having the same issue.-- When I view my pages in IE, it seems to be ignoring the margin commands from my external css. It picks up everything else, (font color/family, background image/color and so on) But the paragraph's align to the left of the screen and not in the center of the screen like they do in every other browser. Does IE have a problem with the .blocktext command?On the other hand, when I use the same command for <hr /> it works the way it's supposed to.Website - http://www.freewebs.com/the_praetorian/welcome.html

body{color: tan;font-family: "bernhardmod bt";background-image: url('background.jpg');background-repeat: repeat;background-attachment: fixed;background-position: center;}div.banner{margin:0;font-size:110%;line-height: 1.5;text-align:center;position:fixed;left:auto;width:8em;right:auto;}div.banner p{margin:0;padding: 0.3em 0.4em;font-family: bernhardmod bt;background: clear;border: thin outset clear;color: clear;letter-spacing: 2px}div.banner a, div.banner em{display: block;margin: 0 .02em}div.banner a, div.banner em{border-bottom: 2px groove gray}div.banner a:link{text-decoration: none; color: bisque}div.banner a:visited{text-decoration: none; color: bisque}div.banner a:hover{background: clear; color: clear}hr.blocktext{margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;width:18cm}h1.blocktext{color: bisque;margin-right:auto;margin-left:auto;width: 18cm;text-align: center}h2.blocktext{color: bisque;margin-right:auto;margin-left:auto;width: 18cm;text-align: center}h3.blocktext{color: bisque;margin-right:auto;margin-left:auto;width: 18cm;text-align: center}h4.blocktext{color: bisque;margin-right:auto;margin-left:auto;width: 18cm;text-align: center}p.blocktext{margin-right:auto;margin-left:auto;width:18cm}