Internet Explorer dislike

gongpex

Because most computers today have Microsoft Windows. Windows comes with Internet Explorer installed and no other browser until the user installs another browser but most average users don't 'think' to do that because they are accustomed to Internet Explorer and really don't know or think there is a difference in using another browser. The average internet user does not know that browsers render differently compared to other browsers. Most internet users are not aware of this and/or don't care and basically just want what a website is suppose to give them when visiting; that's all that really matters to an average internet user. Like Facebook, as long as they can see their friends comments, likes, read messages etc, that's all that matters regardless of the browser they are using.I often tell people I know personally to use other browsers and they look at me like "what's the difference?" Some install other browsers but I noticed that many still use IE regardless because of being accustomed to using IE when first getting their computer since it had IE installed when getting their computer.

• Like 1

^ pretty much. And in most companies, IT departments are very leery of letting employees install anything but company approved software. So in a lot of these cases, since Windows is the majority OS, IE is by default the web browser for all these companies. and it's also for that reason, that browsers like IE6-8 still persist, because of hesitation on companies to upgrade their software. (that runs on Windows).

• Like 1