Ideas to improve artistic style

DarkxPunk

Hey everyone, I will admit I doubt this is the right place to talk about this, but it seems the best based upon the topics descriptions. Now I am not one to be the most artistic, I am more a take a idea/design and build it. To design it though... Not my cup of tea. My question is how can I improve myself in this aspect or what tutorials or websites do you think could help spark something? I am also offering my services to help anyone work on development if they have and ideas/designs I feel maybe if I work on more cool webpages I will grow a more artistic mind. Thanks for any help.Peace.

I shouldn't offer advice on this because I'm essentially a programmer -- not an artsy person -- but I think it would be good practice to try creating a page with no corners. Make everything a curve. Maybe don't even have any straight lines -- just curves.

How advanced are your CSS skills? I really believe jQuery can add a lot of nice features to your site, even if it's fading something out or moving something across screen to a fadeOut() or sliding something up/down. I find the little things add style. Like dave said, rounded borders do A LOT for an appearance. I had a site live where I had no rounded borders, as I continued to work locally, I decided to put rounded borders on most of my content and when I compare it, the rounded borders version looks much more appealing on the eye than the one without rounded borders. Another little example could be adding :focus psuedo class to your <form> elements so when they are focused on, they change to a slightly darker/ligher version of the original color. I must admit though, I struggle at creating visually stunning websites, I just can't seem to get my sites exactly how I would like them. I'm on the same search as you to be honest. Kind regards, Lab.