PHP Copy function

Don E

Hello everyone, Does the copy function only take literal strings for parameters, and not variables that are strings? is there a way to copy a file where the path and name are stored in a variable?http://php.net/manual/en/function.copy.php Thanks.

I meant more along the lines of the following example. $origImg = "uploads/$this->pic_name";$copyImg = "uploads/$this->pic_name" . "orig";copy($origImg, $copyImg);When using the above without quotes I thought why the copy failed but doing the above with double quotes fails as well.

Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately the following examples didn't work either: $origImg = "uploads/" . $this->pic_name;$origImg = "uploads/{$this->pic_name}"; I echoed out the variables to see if they contain the proper values and they do as well. I even tried to cast them to strings like the following and still get fail on copy: $imgToCopy = (string)"uploads/$this->pic_name";$setAsOrig = (string)"uploads/$this->pic_name" . ".orig"; It works though when setting the variables like the following: $imgToCopy = "uploads/sfsGDFDmyimage.jpg";$setAsOrig = "uploads/sfsGDFDmyimage.jpg" . ".orig";

Edited by Don E