Creating an interactive updating ladder.

SamohtVII

So me and some friends were looking to creating a tipping ladder for AFL (Australian Rules Football).What would i need to look into to create a ladder where we can input our weekly results and it will display the order from highest to lowest.Is this just javascript? A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. ty

• Like 1

basically outside the website you all select who will win in the round and then add those scores up and input them intop the webpage and it sorts the players scores until the end of the season.Right now I am using a sql table which seems to be going alright so hopefully I can get it to work out for me.

That sounds like a basic "CRUD" (create, read, update, delete) type of thing. So you'll need a form to add a new entry, a page that lists all of the entries, and pages to edit or delete an entry. Javascript can't interact directly with a database on a server, you'll need a server-side language like PHP to help you with that part. Most of the information you need is actually in the tutorials for PHP (form handling, inserting into a database, etc). Sorting is as easy as telling the database in which order to return the records, by score or whatever else. There's some more information here with examples about form handling, registering users, etc: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=12509