HTML and Repeating contents

rassul

HTML can't do it, but if you learn some server-side scripting you can get it done. PHP is the most popular one, you can learn it here: http://w3schools.com/php/ Normally, rather than putting the footer into every page, in PHP you'll have one page template and put the content into it based on the URL. PHP uses the include() directive for that.

• Like 1

The problem with attempting a workaround with Javascript is that your site isn't going to work for people who navigate with Javascript disabled. It's also invisible to search engines and it slows down the loading of your page. If your server supports PHP, just put this in every page:

<?php include('footer.php'); ?>

If you want to test first on your computer, you can download WAMP to test your PHP pages.

HTML can't do it, but if you learn some server-side scripting you can get it done. PHP is the most popular one, you can learn it here: http://w3schools.com/php/ Normally, rather than putting the footer into every page, in PHP you'll have one page template and put the content into it based on the URL. PHP uses the include() directive for that.
How would you do it using PHP?

I just showed you in my previous post. Put this in each of your pages:

Assuming the contents if your footer is in a file called "footer.php"

The problem with attempting a workaround with Javascript is that your site isn't going to work for people who navigate with Javascript disabled. It's also invisible to search engines and it slows down the loading of your page. If your server supports PHP, just put this in every page:

If you want to test first on your computer, you can download WAMP to test your PHP pages.

I am using wamp. Here is my footer.php:
<?php echo "<p>This is footer</p>";?>

and place

where the footer should be, but does not work.

I am using wamp. Here is my footer.php:
<?phpecho "<p>This is footer</p>";?>

and place

where the footer should be, but does not work.

I am inserting

in my index.html file.