Layout problem: Div is going down

coco243

I am trying to arrange a web site with divs. I had decided to make a div named "big", and that div to be the page container div, the container for all other divs. But I have problems. The "big" div doesn't respect the margins setted by me. In special, the div is to long, it is not respecting the bottom margine. I will place the code here: The CSS file

*{margin: 0px;padding: 0px;} html,body {height: 100%;background-color:rgb(238,233,233);} .big {  /* div wich contains top, content and down divs */margin: 10% 20% 20% 20%;min-height:70%;height:auto;background-color:rgb(185,194,177);}.top {min-height:10%;background-color:red;}.down {position:relative;bottom:0%;min-height:5%;background-color:red;}.content {min-height:60%;height:auto;background-color:green;}

And the php file:

<html><head>   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clothes.css"/> <body> <div class="big"> <div class="top"><p>  MENU </p></div><div class="content"><p>  CLOTHES [32] But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing of a pleasure and praising pain wasborn and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the[32] cpleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains.</p></div> <div class="down"><p> cucu </p></div> </div></body></html> 

And the URL: http://clothes.net84.net/clothes.php Please if you can help me with my issue. Thank you.

Edited by damy

As I said and at the subject of this topic, my problem is that my " big" div doesn't respect the bottom margin who is set at value of 20%. I want space under this principal div, space that it is not respected. I need advice on this problem.Thank you.

I tested this page on 3 computers, and the result is the same, my "big" div is extentded to the bottom of the web browser page, it doesn't respect my 20% bottom margin of that div. It is a technical problem, but I don't know how to resolve this problem. I want that my "big" div, that I use it as a container for my page content to be separated from the bottom of the page. I want to place this div how I want, at precise coorodonates, to be fixed how I want to be. How I can achieve that? Thanks.

I made your modification, nothing happening.But I want a clean solution, not an artifice. I want that my defined properties of "big" div to be respected.Thank you.

Edited by damy