Untidy form

terryds

Well, why are they like this? And what would you like them to look like? I can think of many different ways to make a page look like that image, I can't guess what your code is like.

My html :

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Sign Up Now!</title><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="signup.css" /></head><body><h1>Sign up now and get the gifts!</h1><h3>Type down your identity !</h3><form method="post" action="report.php"><fieldset><legend>Sign Up</legend><label>First Name:</label><input type="text" id="fname" name="fname" /><br /><label>Last Name:</label><input type="text" id="lname" name="lname" /><br /><label>Email</label><input type="text" id="email" name="email" /><br /><label>Country</label><input type="text" id="country" name="country" /><br /><label>Gender</label><label for="male">Male</label><input id="male" name="gender" type="radio" value="male"><label for="female">Female</label><input id="female" name="gender" type="radio" value="female"><br /><label>Why do you want to join us ?</label><textarea id="reason" name="reason"></textarea><br /><input type="submit" value="Sign Up!" name="submit" /></fieldset></form></body></html>

My CSS :

h1 {color: red;} legend {font-size: 20px;} label {width: 300px;float: left;text-align: left;}

"Type down your identity" is pretty strange syntax too. The obvious problem is the width of 300px that is assigned to all label tags.

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Sign Up Now!</title><style>h1 {color: red;}legend {font-size: 20px;}span {width: 300px;float: left;text-align: left;}</style></head><body><h1>Sign up now and get the gifts!</h1><h3>Type in your identity !</h3><form method="post" action="report.php"><fieldset><legend>Sign Up</legend><span>First Name:</span><input type="text" id="fname" name="fname" /><br /><span>Last Name:</span><input type="text" id="lname" name="lname" /><br /><span>Email</span><input type="text" id="email" name="email" /><br /><span>Country</span><input type="text" id="country" name="country" /><br /><span>Gender</span><label for="male">Male</label><input id="male" name="gender" type="radio" value="male"><label for="female">Female</label><input id="female" name="gender" type="radio" value="female"><br /><span>Why do you want to join us ?</span><textarea id="reason" name="reason"></textarea><br /><input type="submit" value="Sign Up!" name="submit" /></fieldset></form></body></html>

Edited by davej

"float: left" is what's causing the gender section to have a problem. I don't think you need the float to begin with.