Semicolon cannot terminate the statement

syahmicro

SQLite version 3.7.13 2012-06-11 02:05:22 Enter ".help" for instructions Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";" sqlite> create table tbl1(char ,int ); ...> insert into tbl1 values('kenneth,10); ...> ;...> ;...>; i has been installed SQLite on ubuntu 12.04lts i got this problem,as u can see from that statement i justdeliberate to dump the comma at 'kenneth.supposely when there have missing character such as comma it must be show the syntax error but then when need terminate the statement i could not work.I don't what is the problem because i was tried 2 times installing sqlite on ubuntu 12.04 so from this,i would like to make another coding to fix up this problem by using c programmingbut then do you all have ideas to make coding?so we can access with sqlite using this commandgcc -o file file.c -lsqlite3 in sqlite,there are having files which is header file and c files.sqlite3.cshell.c

Edited by syahmicro

The problem with that query is that you are missing a quote, you open a string but never close it. It is waiting for you to close the string, the statement won't end until you do that. The semicolon is part of the string.