JavaScript slider with SWF Support?

Domenic

Hi all, apologies in advance for my noobness. I have been building a website that I plan to integrate a large Javascript image slider into. I would like to have the sliding "images" as swf files. The main inspiration for this was the website for Blizzard Entertainment, blizzard.com. I have tried looking in and out of the code and it looks simple enough, but it's juts beyond my skill level to decipher it. I plan to also have a fallback for mobile browsers and viewers with no flash support. If anyone can point me in the right direction on how I can go about doing this it would be much appreciated.

SWF files are able to load other SWF files into them, but aside from that you still need to program the host document. Javascript could do something similar, but the nature of Flash documents is to always be in front of every other element so you can't slide them behind other HTML elements.

I really appreciate your help. So you're saying I can create one swf file and basically code it so it allows other swf files to be loaded in? Can this be done in Flash CS6? The reason I thought this was possible with Javascript was because when I looked at the code on Blizzard it seemed almost like it was entirely Javascript based, sort of like a regular image slider, that just has swf files inserted.Can I have the flash document sit behind the html elements by adjusting the z-index?

I think you need to set the wmode parameter when you embed the Flash movie to control whether or not it will stack. Flash movies can load a variety of other files, such as images, videos, or other Flash movies. You can probably find Flash slideshows out there that will load slides based on an XML playlist or something like that.