what to do after w3schools

redstorm

i finished the course for html and css, but i found that's not enough for me to design a good website. i still can't use html/css freely. Any good ideas on how should i do? or could you please recommend me some good tutors as good as that of w3schools?Thanks and best regards

You don't need anything but the tutorials here at W3Schools, AND experience :)So just keep on creating tables as explained, making frame pages, or design a page with a paint program and then try to recreate it by html.If you made lots of those tiny, in the beginning very simple, creations, you probably would get more experience, such way you might be able to design a webpage yourself. Don't worry for that right now, it will take some time to be able to "think in html"

Time will learn you think in html

i finished the course for html and css,  but i found that's not enough for me to design a good website. i still can't use html/css freely.  Any good ideas on how should i do? or could you please recommend me some good tutors as good as that of w3schools?Thanks and best regards

In all honesty and completely unbiased, there is no life after w3schools.com. There is enough information here to help you through all your questions. Granted, it cannot and will not cover everything there is to know about web development - but so much of it is covered there is no need to go to any other site for most of the information you will ever need.In any case, you express that you don't feel you have enough information to design a site. This void might be due to a creative lapse or from simply not understanding where to start - I'm not sure. You'll have to look a little deeper to figure out what is really missing.Web Development skills are just like Basketball skills, or any other skill for that matter, practice makes perfect. you can read all the tutorials in the world and know more about basketball then I, but I can still "break your ankles" and leave you wonder what I just did to get by you. Practice makes perfect.Find a topic simple and true to you and build even something very basic. Then just let it take a shape of its own. If its a design you're missing, pick one up at freewebtemplates.com or monstertemplates.com.Just give it a try, jump in the water. Its only cold for the first 5 minutes.:)

I think I should also add that (X)HTML and CSS isn't everything you could learn. There is more great stuff on W3Schools that would enable you to create sites "freely".

To get started in building sites, you may edit this thing:

<html><head><title>This is my first website</title><style>.navbar { background-color:#dedede; color:#0000ff; width:150px; }</style></head><body><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">This is my website, have fun</td></tr><tr><td class="navbar">Some links here</td><td>content</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Footer information</td></tr></tbody></table></body></html>

ah, c'mon, guys, we can be more helpful than that...while the w3schools are terrrrrifffficccc...there's still lots more information be had out there in the big wide web...so, redstorm, i have found sitepoint to provide a wealth of free information and sample chapters from their books...another site is html goodies...and surf the web looking at sites whose design you admire and see if you can recreate it or your own variations...so, get busy googling...and, by the way, the others are quite right...if you want to get to carnegie hall: practice, practice, practice...

Thank you very much, i really appreciate your "cool" suggestions.